- All applications must be submitted by August 1st, 2023
- Applicants will notified of acceptance by August 15th, 2023
- Program will take place every Saturday of September 2023
- Awards ceremony for all 2023 Grassroots Grant Writer graduates will take place at our annual Harvest Festival on October 7th 2023, hosted in partnership with Brightmoor Artisans Collective.
Grassroots Grant Writers (GGW) is a certification program issued in partnership by Brightmoor Artisans Collective (BAC) and Neighbors Building Brightmoor (NBB).
The purpose of this training series is to stimulate charitable investment in the community of Brightmoor by empowering the local residents, businesses, and community organizations of Brightmoor with the basic skills necessary for successful grant writing.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, participants shall be awarded with a Certificate of Completion as well as a personal laptop courtesy of Public Allies.
Graduates of GGW are also granted preferential hiring status when applying for employment with BAC or NBB.
How To Apply
Complete the following form & upload a letter of interest in Grassroots Grant Writers. Your letter should be one (1) page and address the following questions:
1. In your opinion, what are the biggest challenges currently in the community of Brightmoor?
2. What unique perspective can you offer on these issues?
3. Upon completion of the GGW program, how do you plan to apply your new development skills to benefit the Brightmoor community?
To participate in the Grassroots Grant Writers program, you must meet the following requirements:
-Reside in zip code 48223 or have resided in Detroit for at least 10 years within the last 30 years
-Be computer literate
-Ability to attend all workshop dates
-Demonstrated interest in the equitable improvement of Brightmoor
-Must be 18+ years of age
*GED/HS Diploma not required*